Sunday, Nov 2nd, 11-6pm
1890 Bryant St, Studio #211, San Francisco, CA
These photos are not great, but wanted to show the work up in the gallery until October 30. Better photos coming soon.
Red, powder-coated steel wire, vellum, 60 x 48 inches
Blue, powder-coated steel wire, vellum, 60 x 48 x 12 inches
Yellow, powder-coated steel wire, vellum, 70 x 54 x 24 inches
Pillar to Post, pencil, color pencil, oil sticks on paper, 22 x 30 inches
Conduit, pencil on paper, 22 x 30 inches
Torque, pencil on paper, 22 x 30 inches
Core Capacity, pencil on paper, 38 x 50 inches
Heat Exchange, pencil on paper, 38 x 50 inches
Ductworks, pencil on paper, 38 x 50 inches
V8, pencil on paper, 38 x 50 inches
I made this out of steel wire and epoxy resin and was not pleased w the result–too much, too intense. I knew more work had to be done when my daughter said that if I painted it yellow it would be a nice rendition of Sponge Bob. And maybe I should add a couple of tiny arms too–real funny.
So I set about chopping it up, reconfiguring smaller sections into individual works and although I am not near finished, I’m on a much better path. I will post again when they are finished and painted. (See below)
Want to create a curtain of these…
These are two pieces of the same polycarbonate weave. The application of the paint gives them a very different look. Trying to think about what to do next with these.